Let’s be real. Foods that begin with the letter X are few. We were forced to broaden our search beyond the English language. Xigua, pronounced She-gwah, is Mandarin for watermelon.
Below is a yummy watermelon salsa recipe. Watermelon and salsa are not two foods you would normally put together, but that is why this series is all about “food fun”. Try it. You will not regret it.
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Mix watermelon, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and basil.
- Add honey and lime juice and toss to coat. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.